Saturday, January 18, 2020

Introduction to a Future Sneaker Marketing Executive


My name is Tariq and I am currently a junior majoring in Sport Management. I became a Sport Management major because I absolutely have a love for sports, primarily football and basketball. I've played sports all throughout my middle and high school years. My dream profession was to become a professional athlete ever since I was young, but once I got to college, I wanted to venture more into marketing in sports. I now want to be able to sign potential superstars to sneaker deals like Sonny Vaccaro. I am the middle child in my family. I have four brothers and two sisters. I listen to a lot of rap music. Rap is my favorite genre of music because it can convey lots of different emotions with the lyrics. I also like to unwind and relax by listening to R&B sometimes as well. In my spare time, I like gaming, drawing, sneaker shopping, and watching sports. My favorite video games are Grand Theft Auto, Madden, and NBA 2K. I like playing sports video games because in my mind, I get to live out the dream I had as a kid being able to play in the NFL and the NBA in virtual reality. I also like shopping for and collecting sneakers. My favorite pairs of sneakers range from any Nike products and Retro Jordan sneakers.

Image Information: Picture called "Zion Williamson Joins Jordan Brand Family." taken on July 23, 2019. Source: Nike.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tariq! Welcome to our class. Your blog is looking sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tariq. It is nice to have you in class this semester. You seem like you know exactly what you want to do and the steps you need to take to get there. Have you taken the sneaker culture class with Dr. King? I think this will help you advance in your ideas and plan to become a sneaker exec. I also like to play sport games for the reason of "living out the dream". Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Tariq, Blog is dope keep with the dedication and looking into the sneaker culture we need more people like you.

    ReplyDelete